Saturday, October 12, 2013

Readathon Update Hour 5


Reading Now: Some amalgamation of The Revisionists by Thomas Mullen, Clarity by Kim Harrington, and Fragile Things by Neil Gaiman (Indeed I am fraught with indecision.)

It's been __67__ pages and __5__ cheers since my last update.

Total Cheers:5

Cumulative Pages Read:67

Books Completed: 0

Eating?: Raspberry Jam and PB toast for breakfast.  Then a couple of those aforementioned salted caramel chunk cookies.  More recently a couple of fun sized candy bars.  Methinks it may be time for something salty.

Okay, yeah, so I'm off to a stellar start.  My computer mysteriously restarted itself while I was working on the kick-off meme.  After that I was interrupted ad nauseum.  Shortly thereafter I decided that The Revisionists, while a very promising read in general, is probably not a good Readathon book.  Then I pored over my YA-filled Kindle for a while until I chose Clarity by Kim Harrington and read about 40 pages of that.  I think it'll work for the rest of my day probably, so I'm letting Kindle charge while I update and check in with all the unfortunate souls I'm supposed to be cheering for. 

I swear, I will get this train back on track, right after I hunt down something salty to eat.  And I'm totally going to take a picture to put in my next update. 

*wanders off distractedly*

Keep up the great reading, readers!



6 comments:

  1. It's okay. We've all been there. I have a million things to do today along with cheerleading and reading. I hope you enjoy yourself today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...don't feel bad, I already fell asleep :p I'm back now though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all in good fun - no worrries or pressure --enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, it's good to know I wasn't the only one struggling to keep apace with the read-a-thon :P

    We'll definitely need one of those "I survived this read-a-thon" bookmarks!

    Good luck for the rest of the day, fellow cheerleader. Have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you had such a bad start! I woke up late and then didn't even start reading until hour 7, so I feel you! But you're off to a great start! Good luck, we can do this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been taking naps through the day and I am pretty sure I am going to take an actual break for dinner with my family. Read when you can and just have fun. #teambear

    ReplyDelete